We like to enjoy our weekends. They give our bodies a rest and let our unconscious minds help us solved problems we struggled with the previous week.
On Mondays, we hold weekly retrospectives. Everyone on the team gets together and:
- Says how they’re feeling
- Opens the application, the real thing, and judges its current state
- Says what concerns they have and ways to address them
- Estimates user stories for the upcoming iteration
We recently saw one of our clients do something we thought was also effective. They sent out a simple email to their stakeholders (development team, investors, etc.), held themselves accountable for last week’s work, and made promises for the upcoming week.
Here’s a sample:
Please take time to sign up for our beta and please help to promote our site by sending the link to your friends and colleagues: http://example.com.
This is an exciting time for us, as we’re getting close to having an alpha. Our goal was to get to market within two months of beginning development. It looks like we’re going to be well under two months. I believe this rapid development means that investors and shareholders are getting good value.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR THE WEEK ENDING xx/xx/xx:
- Naming. We finally were able to purchase the final domain name and trademark. We own the previous mark and registered the mark under new categories.
- Fundraising. New investors onboard.
- Basic site workflow of searching records - you can now do this on the site.
- Merchant Account. Merchant account in place.
- Customer service. Support App is in place
GOALS FOR THE WEEK BEGINNING xx/xx/xx
- Start working on uploading products through system. Start to seed database.
- Get to alpha. Test both upload and download of products through the system.
Please let me know if you have any questions (xxx.xxx.xxxx). Thanks so much for your hard work this week.
If you’d like to unsubscribe to our weekly updates, please let me know.
Feel free to borrow this format or invent your own. The key is to keep the whole team working together, and to create future momentum by continuing to build on recent success.